Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sometimes I wonder



Get ready to swim Peeps, this might get deep.

Most of the time, I am happy being single with no children.  Sometimes though......  Sometimes I wonder what it is about me that makes me so repellant to the opposite sex.  What is it about me that makes no man want to have a conversation with me.  Just a good conversation and some laughs it that too much to ask?

See when I was growing up, I was never taught to value myself.  I was always supposed to find value in how I was related to other people, never for my own accomplishments.  I was always "so and so's daughter, granddaughter, niece, etc...."  I was never allowed to be just me.  Maybe that is what is wrong with me today, I am not sure.

I stayed in a bad relationship for too long because I was afraid of hitting my late 30's and 40's and being alone.  I also liked the idea of having a person just because.  It ultimately was not fair to him or me to be in a relationship when I had stopped caring a long time before the end.  For that I am sorry.

Now as I look back at my life, I would have liked to have had a child or two.  I think I probably would have been a good and caring mom.  I will not have that chance now.  My eggs have probably dried up and floated away.

I would like to have a companion though.  Someone to talk too, laugh with, go on hikes or even runs with.  Someone who if I read something in a book, I can tell them all about it.  Someone who I can share my crazy student stories with.  I really don't think that is too much to ask.

People tell me all the time that the right one will show up, well what if he shows up after I am dead?  I guess since I am working out and eating right, I should live long enough to have a supercharged scooter and I can chase the young dudes down the street when I am old. LOL

I guess what I am saying is, it would be nice if even for a little while, I had someone to share my life with.

Peace out Peeps I have a scooter to research.

1 comment:

  1. No one wants to be alone... You are working hard to find yourself and love yourself, and you've figured out that happiness comes from within. Maybe you just haven't been in the right place in your own head to be able to open up to someone. Everyone says "how can you love someone else if you don't love yourself?" I bet you are coming to a point where men are going to see your confidence, drive and love shine through. Online dating? Adoption? Oh, so many options :)

    ReplyDelete